The following guest post was created by Amber from Snippets of Design.
There are so many possibilities when creating coasters. You can design and upload literally anything you can fit on a 4” coaster.
I recently had the opportunity to design some fun templates that look great on Shutterfly ceramic coasters. You can download them for free and use them to create your own coasters.
But First, Coffee Coaster Design
Start your morning out right with these “BUT FIRST, coffee” coasters created especially for those annoying coffee rings. They feature coffee themed clipart and sassy coffee sayings like:
- But First, coffee.
- Congratulations, you made it out of bed. Time for coffee.
- Coffee, because adulting is hard.
- I eat salad every day. Bean salad. Coffee Bean Salad. Okay, I drink coffee every day.
Farm House Plaid Coaster Design
If the sayings are just too much to handle in the morning, (which I totally understand), these “Farmhouse Plaid” coasters do a great job without all of that ANNOYING reading. They come in a set with this red and black plaid.
These two different black and white plaids, and this black and white floral. Of course, you can choose to print out one, two, or all of the patterns if you would like.
Farm House Stripe Coaster Design
I created these “Farmhouse Stripe” coasters because I love the simple design. I would use this design everyday in my own home. In fact, I do.
Solid Gold Clink Coaster Design
These “Solid Gold Clink” coasters are a great addition to any party. They are also great décor during the holidays.
Moderation Coaster Design
These “Moderation” coasters are wonderful for creating conversation and a good chuckle.
They say “So, who is this moderation everyone keeps telling me to drink with?”
Prickly Cucumber Coaster Design
If you love cacti as much as I do, you’ll get a kick out of these “Prickly Cucumber” coasters.
- Don’t be a prickly cucumber.
- Hug me.
- Can’t touch this.
- Let’s stick together.
Buffalo Plaid Coaster Design
No modern farmhouse is complete without a set of “Buffalo Plaid” coasters.
This picture shows a set of white and a set of red coasters but green and yellow templates are also included in the download. You can decide which ones you would like and how many you would like.
Drink Up Butter Cup Coaster Design and Set
I thought it would be fun to create a “Drink Up Buttercup” set. In this set I included Coasters which say:
- Being such a good cook that even the fire alarm cheers you on. -drink up buttercup- (as seen above)
- Dear life, when I asked if a day could get any worse, it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge. -drink up buttercup- (as seen below)
- My Name is “Mom” but my full name is “MOM, mom, Mom, MOM.” – drink up buttercup- (as seen below)
- What? No, my speech isn’t slurred. I’m speaking in cursive. -drink up buttercup-
I also included coasters that say “drink up buttercup.”
Did you know that you can also create mugs, shot glasses, and tea towels with Shutterfly as well? You can create a whole drink up buttercup set like mine, if you would like.
- The mug says “Chaos coordinator -fueled by caffeine.”
- The shot glasses say “drink up buttercup.”
- The tea towel says “Made with love. Yes, that means I licked the spoon and kept using it.”
Yes, I admittedly had a little bit of fun with this one, but now, you can too!
Breakfast Tray Coaster Project
I also created a simple project that you can created too! After I received my order of coasters in the mail, I loved them so much that I went back and ordered more. I wanted to use them in the bottom of a vintage bottling box that I had. I thought the printed ceramic coasters would create an adorable tile bottom for a breakfast tray. Plus, it’s such an easy project.
To create this breakfast tray:
- Find a vintage bottling crate. They are usually available on on-line auction sites.
- Measure the bottom of my crate.
- Ordered enough ceramic coasters to cover the bottom of your crate. I used the black “Farmhouse Plaid” template.
- Cut the tiles to fit the bottom of your crate. Use tile snipes or a tile saw to do this.
- You can either temporarily place, or permanently glue the coasters in place. You could even grout them if you would like.
- That’s it! Your all ready for breakfast in bed spoiling now. Enjoy!
Coaster Design Templates
Click on featured templates below to download and create your own products.
Hopefully this gives you some fun ideas for creating your own coasters and projects with Shutterfly. I always have so much fun with Shutterfly DIY projects. They have so many options, they are always such great quality, and it’s so much fun to hold something tangible that you design yourself.
Happy DIYing Friends,
Get ideas & inspiration for any occasion. Whether it be a holiday, birthday, wedding, or just household tips we have you covered. Discover DIY projects & gift ideas on Vandar.info Ideas Section.